No Such Thing As Anti-Semitism
An XBox 360* to the first non-anonymous commenter to identify the source of this quote:
Some...insist on saying that Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews in furnaces and they insist on it to the extent that if anyone proves something contrary to that they condemn that person and throw them in jail.Hint: It wasn't Mel Gibson or Mel Gibson's father. Or Paul De Man.
UPDATE: It was the president of Iran. That was quick. Too quick. Okay, there's still an Xbox 360 on the line** for the first person to score 100% on this impromptu quiz:
"This Jew-Baiting Has Got to Stop"
---the actual Rod, in reference to the War on Christmas nonsense
1) This remark was a) sincere, or b) insincere.
2) Anti-Semitism is a) just as indefensible as racism, no matter whose mouth or pen it issues from, b) something only white Christofascists can do, a bit like racism, or
c) only a racist would ask this question.
3) Belief that Muslim anti-Semitism and Christian anti-Semitism have precisely the same moral status is a) entailed by any sincere repudiation of bigotry, b) New Republic Syndrome, c) a racist assumption predicated on blah blah blah uneven structures of power blah blah blah Ariel Sharon, or d) only a racist would ask this question.
4) The president of Iran has called for Israel to be wiped off the map and claimed that the Holocaust is a Zionist myth perpetuated to justify Israeli oppression. These sentiments are a) the authentic voice of the world's oppressed crying out against injustice, b) the voice of the world's oppressed crying out against injustice disguised as anti-Semitic bilge, c) irreducible anti-Semitic bilge, or d) only a racist would ask this question.
5) People who (correctly) allege the widespread existence of western neo-fascism and neo-Nazism but make excuses for Muslim genocidalism towards Jews are a) moral sophisticates, b) shameless cocooning bullshit artists, or c) only a racist would ask this question.
6) The claim that the president of Iran is an anti-Semite a) entails the claim that all Iranians are anti-Semites, b) entails the claim that all Muslims are anti-Semites, c) entails neither, or d) only a racist would ask this question.
*offer not good, ever
**there is no Xbox 360 on the line